Discussion about the 5 Kingdoms

KnightFall
Forger of Worlds

Re: The Wide World

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:44 am

For Calynys's shield I was thinking of a 10 pointed star like this in black on a yellow background. I really like the idea of a black star on a red background but I think that against the rules of heraldry.
It suddenly occurred to me just how absurd this scene was: a guy wearing a suit of armor, standing next to an undead king, both hunched over the controls of a classic arcade game.
-Ready Player One

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:03 am

This is legal.
- "Don't assume you are safe because there is a rational explanation for all of this."

Wolfgod

KnightFall
Forger of Worlds

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:54 am

Awesome! I think that will work nicely for the Calynys shield.
It suddenly occurred to me just how absurd this scene was: a guy wearing a suit of armor, standing next to an undead king, both hunched over the controls of a classic arcade game.
-Ready Player One

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:48 am

So posted on the wiki.

I saw Greg has a cool map up as well. I also linked Braden's picture into his wiki entry.
- "Don't assume you are safe because there is a rational explanation for all of this."

Wolfgod

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:29 am

There are quite a number of new, foreign Kingdoms on the wiki now. We won't run out of places to adventure or potential opponents anytime soon.

I've also finally created this:

http://www.the5kingdoms.com/wiki/index. ... e=Timeline

And am still filling it in. Please feel free to update it with other events.

Wolfgod

bitweever
Site Admin

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:30 pm

Nice! That is a BIG help.
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

nbrs6121
Forger of Worlds

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:21 pm

I think some of your recent dates are off. I thought we met in Fort Last in January of 196 TC, so some of the events (like Kami invading Barloz) are stated as happening too early. Not that a year or two is a hugely big deal in the scheme of things.
Pillows are designed for relaxation. If they are fighting, what hope do we have?

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:14 pm

The Kingdom Updates say January 194 was the start of the GC. Kami invade Hybet in 194, Mangalore and Barloz in 195. It's 196 now, last I knew, unless you've gone to the new year and started 197.

Wolfgod

nbrs6121
Forger of Worlds

Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:22 pm

We have gone on into the next year (that is, the third year of the campaign), but I thought we had started in 196. I had just thought that the date on the main page had never been changed. I guess I am mistaken. Also, I need to regress Mauril's age a bit. He's only 36 now.
Pillows are designed for relaxation. If they are fighting, what hope do we have?

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:24 pm

There's a thread where I'm keeping updates that has my rough date mileposts in it. We started in January 194, and I have rough dates in for everything else.

I'll change the date to 197 TC. ;)

Wolfgod

nbrs6121
Forger of Worlds

Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:50 pm

Why does Rath's wedding get a special timeline entry? I'm sensing author bias. :P

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:08 pm

:D Because it's in the Kingdom updates. I'll put in other significant ones eventually (Jareth's comes to mind, along with Casta's) but I don't have the dates memorized and looking them up takes legwork. Or worse, research.

Wolfgod

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:41 pm

Greg, since you're doing Valean Kingdom(s), I'd recommend you take a look at Sarmatti and Tigraen, their history has a great influence over that continent. And I've written more of it.

Wolfgod

bitweever
Site Admin

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:15 pm

Ok, good. I had nothing in between when they fled Murman and establishing Solosteca, so this will help.
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

bitweever
Site Admin

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:38 pm

Was the kidnapping of Phillipi in 196 or 197? I think it needs to be added to the timeline.

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:58 pm

October 196.

Wolfgod

nbrs6121
Forger of Worlds

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:40 pm

And his return was in February 197. Maybe March, I'm not exactly sure how long you guys spent in Lindur on the Oracle quest.

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:03 pm

Takn (Rune Giants), Chien (Goblins!), Kirikarre (Grippli), And Arkkad (Mean Firbolgs!) are all up, plus a few other states it's likely nobody ever noticed before.

Wolfgod