Discussion about the 5 Kingdoms

bitweever
Site Admin

Mechwarrior

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:39 am

I've decided that I'm going to start Mechwarrior on Friday and drive straight through for four weeks, even if nobody shows up. The ones that show up will get to claim salvage.
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

nbrs6121
Forger of Worlds

Re: Mechwarrior

Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:32 pm

I'll be there.
Pillows are designed for relaxation. If they are fighting, what hope do we have?

bitweever
Site Admin

Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:40 pm

I thought "To the victors go the salvage" would be a good motto for a mercinary unit, but then I realized that the witty ones would just buy Victors and try to claim all the salvage.
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

nbrs6121
Forger of Worlds

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:25 am

I'm naming my character Victor now...
Pillows are designed for relaxation. If they are fighting, what hope do we have?

bitweever
Site Admin

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:46 am

"My name is Victor, I drive a Victor."

Name him Victor Griffin. Victor Archer Griffin. And his back-country friend, Locust Jenner.

nbrs6121
Forger of Worlds

Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:34 am

" Yes that's my real name. My parents were real mech-heads."

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:24 am

I'll be available if we can get Roll20 working.

And I intend to name my character Commando Shadow Hawk Battlemaster.
- "Don't assume you are safe because there is a rational explanation for all of this."

Wolfgod

bitweever
Site Admin

Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:26 pm

Austin and I went to Fablab last night, and got the top cut. It took longer than expected because of unforseen circumstances. First of all, his 4x8 sheet of MDF was actually 4' 1" x 8' 1". Second of all, the proximity switches on the Shopbot are set up so that you can cut to the corner of a 4x8 sheet of MDF, but not to the corners of a 4' 1" x 8' 1" piece of MDF. So, we made a few toolpath changes, cut one side at a time, and sent the bit flying through a pair of clamps. But, that was the only piece we got cut.

Anywho, Austin's bringing his TV on Friday anyway, and we'll try setting it up and using it as a TV (standing upright) until we can complete the table.

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:26 am

Well OK. If things can't be made to work, don't delay the game because of it. I can always join in late.
- "Don't assume you are safe because there is a rational explanation for all of this."

Wolfgod

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:19 am

A bit of a struggle getting things set up, but I really like Roll20.

I could see doing some pre-game work; setting up macros for each character's main attack(s). Even if the GM hits the button, macros could save a tremendous amount of time in various games.

For example, let's say Austin is running a Pathfinder E6 game. Greg creates a Fighter with a battleaxe and shield and a heavy crossbow.

Before the game starts, Greg creates his macros for his character, Ern. He makes #ErnCharge, #ErnFull, #ErnBow, and #ErnSingle.

When Austin runs a turn, Greg can say 'Ern charges the Troll'. Austin moves his icon on the map and either hits the #ErnCharge macro button or types #Erncharge. The system rolls the attack and damage.

If Greg levels, he can get out his laptop and update his macros.

Brian's spellcaster can also macro his most common attack spells ...

Wolfgod

KnightFall
Forger of Worlds

Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:52 pm

I have received my Roll20 invitation. I will attempt to be available ~8:30 on Friday. What do I need as far as character stuff? Is there an online resource for the Mechwarrior RPG?
It suddenly occurred to me just how absurd this scene was: a guy wearing a suit of armor, standing next to an undead king, both hunched over the controls of a classic arcade game.
-Ready Player One

bitweever
Site Admin

Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:09 pm

Well, we kinda made our own out-of-mech rules. Standard d20 stat array, 4d6 drop the lowest. Max 3 sets. You have 25 skill points (is that what I gave you guys?). I have sent you the google doc on the rules sketch. We can address any questions on Friday. Welcome aboard.

nbrs6121
Forger of Worlds

Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:18 am

So, are we playing on Friday?

bitweever
Site Admin

Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:44 pm

Yah, I think so.

bitweever
Site Admin

Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:17 pm

Who all do we have for tonight?

nbrs6121
Forger of Worlds

Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:41 pm

I'm in.

Edelred
Forger of Worlds

Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:39 pm

The only person I'm not sure about is Jay, but as far as I know Mark will be joining us.
"I beat Dungeons & Dragons....and it was Advanced!" - Pierce Hawthorne

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:57 am

I'll miss next Friday for certain - flying back from Houston.

After that I'll likely be out entirely until March, though I might sneak in a single Friday before flying overseas.

Wolfgod

nbrs6121
Forger of Worlds

Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:02 pm

Just to keep notes, in case we return to this mercenary group in the future.

We pulled the head off the pirate Griffin and stuck it on top of Brian's Griffin. No other modifications needed to be made.

I got rid of my AC 10 and two jump jets. In place, I added bigger engines (making me a 5/8/2), an AC 5 and 2 medium lasers.

Jay stole a gyro from salvage and fixed his engines. He was considering changing his loadout to something a little more heat-friendly.

We have 4.8 million C Bills after salvage was split and we paid back the loan to our employer.

bitweever
Site Admin

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:15 am

You guys should come up with a name as well.

nbrs6121
Forger of Worlds

Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:43 pm

The Mongooses. Mongooses is a good team name.