Discussion about the 5 Kingdoms

bitweever
Site Admin

Forgotten Battletech Rules

Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:38 pm

Re-reading the rules:
2. The team that lost the Initiative chooses one BattleMech and moves it first. If this team has more units than the team that won the Initiative, it may need to move more than one BattleMech, as described in Unequal Numbers of BattleMechs, p. 11.
3. The team that won the Initiative moves one BattleMech. If this team has more BattleMechs than the team that lost the Initiative, it may need to move more than one BattleMech, as described in Unequal Numbers of BattleMechs, p. 11.
Movement alternates between sides until all BattleMechs have been moved. Each time a player is required to move a BattleMech, he may designate a movement for any BattleMech that has not been destroyed, even if the move is to simply stand (or lie) immobile.
This makes sense. I was thinking earlier today how it would be nigh-impossible to win any melee or charges if your team lost initiative (you just step out of the way of the charging space triceratops). This makes it where, depending on the order, you can still win a melee. Same thing goes for making attacks with weapons.

Order goes like this:
Initiative Phase
Movement Phase
Weapon Attack Phase
Physical Attack Phase
Heat Phase
End Phase
So, your weapons technically go off before the triceratops charge.

Also, when we get in 'mechs, keep this in mind:
A BattleMech can move forward into the hex it is facing or backward into the hex directly to its rear. It cannot move into any other hex unless it first changes its facing...

Changing a BattleMech’s facing costs 1 MP per hex- side changed. For example, a 180-degree turn would cost a BattleMech 3 MP.
Not going to follow that rule for person movement, though. People aren't 60-ton walking machines. I also think we used to require a piloting roll for facing changes > 2 sides while running? You guys may remember differently, though.
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

Edelred
Forger of Worlds

Re: Forgotten Battletech Rules

Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:23 pm

All of that sounds very familiar now. I don't remember the piloting roll though.
"I beat Dungeons & Dragons....and it was Advanced!" - Pierce Hawthorne

bitweever
Site Admin

Re: Forgotten Battletech Rules

Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:11 pm

I know we did the piloting roll when taking 90 degree turns in an urban area. I just don't remember if we did it otherwise.
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.