Discussion about the 5 Kingdoms

oathbinder
Minor god

Re: Austin's 5e Game (Ongoing thread)

Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:38 pm

What time?
“Promise me… whatever happens, where ever you go… don’t let them eat my dog.” Lewis Gates- Last of the dog men

KnightFall
Forger of Worlds

Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:33 am

Work for me.  Just let me know the time.
It suddenly occurred to me just how absurd this scene was: a guy wearing a suit of armor, standing next to an undead king, both hunched over the controls of a classic arcade game.
-Ready Player One

bitweever
Site Admin

Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:10 am

5:30am?  Wake up, eat waffles, play D&D...
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

oathbinder
Minor god

Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:13 pm

Are you making waffies?
“Promise me… whatever happens, where ever you go… don’t let them eat my dog.” Lewis Gates- Last of the dog men

bitweever
Site Admin

Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:39 am

Don't think I won't...
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

nbrs6121
Forger of Worlds

Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:52 am

I mean, I do have a waffle maker.  If you want, I can leave the door unlocked and you can make all the breakfast you want in my kitchen.  I, however, will be getting up at about 10 am.

My thought would be to start at about 10 and do pizza after you finish the last bits of the cave you are currently in.  Then we can level up and make a push to the finale.
Pillows are designed for relaxation. If they are fighting, what hope do we have?

bitweever
Site Admin

Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:21 am

That works too.

Edelred
Forger of Worlds

Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:46 pm

Greg said waffles, so I'm showing up at his place for waffles.
"I beat Dungeons & Dragons....and it was Advanced!" - Pierce Hawthorne

nbrs6121
Forger of Worlds

Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:40 pm

Congratulations to all on a well played game.  I was kind of impressed that no one died (permanently).

A couple of bits of falling action that we didn't get to, that I would have roleplayed through if we'd had a bit more time:
-The priest of Gromm's sacrifice would have been a bit more... noble and cinematic.  He was going to retell a bit of the story of Jerrick, and explain how (when you first met him) he thought it nothing but a legend, but that now he believed.  There may or may not have been a lightning bolt involved with his sacrifice as well.  Had Wink been able to be present, he would have been allowed to make the personal sacrifice instead of the local priest.
-Vincenzio would have had a lot more to say about being Belhifet's minion and their purpose together.  Belhifet was a spawn of Gahl-tath-Urok, created with a fragment of the Ice Queen when she was last defeated.  Belhifet then lured in the wizard Vincenzio with promises of power, in return for absolute loyalty.  He guaranteed that loyalty by embedding Vincenzio with an Ice Shard, greatly boosting his powers over ice magic (notably, every 3rd, 4th and 5th level spell he had were ice-based).  Their goal was to usurp the position of both the Ice Queen and Fire King (by possessing the full Ice Crystal and Fire Crystal).  Sjastedr was the Fire Crystal, which was actually going to be given to Vincenzio.  Belhifet was going to claim the position previously held by the Ice Queen and cover the world in, well, Ragnarok.  Vincenzio was going to take the mantle of the Fire King, but was (according to their plan) never going to usurp Belhifet, as the Fire King would often do to the Ice Queen.
-The Knights of the Shining Tear were creating the terrestrial army for Belhifet because they knew him to be a being that could bring about great suffering in the world, which would greatly increase the ability for Braeya to bestow her grace upon them.  They had already been experimenting with creating the orogs before they were approached by Vincenzio to create the army for Belhifet.  Vincenzio was also the one to get the Shining Tear set up in the Ruins of Fordoss.  He was able to successfully impersonate a high priest of Kath, and thus give orders to Durnel.  When Belhifet gained the Fire Crystal, he was able to bring forward the fire salamanders in the ruins.  Notably the Knights were not promised anything special under Belhifet; they just had a common aim to bring about pain and suffering.
-The priests of Kylee were originally working with/for Belhifet, as their goddess is usually pretty amenable to GtU's plans.  However, when the temple on Cold Lake was taken from them, they turned from support.  This is why the priestess outside Kithix Pathka's tomb was fighting against Kithix, but the ones in the Cave of Crystals were fighting against the frost salamanders.
-Arundel was the real druid when you saw him after going to the Tomb of Kithix Pathka.  About the time you got to the fortress Everantha he had been possessed.  The Braeyan priests had been set up in Kuldar for some time, actually.  They knew that Arundel would be the only one to really stop their experiments, so some priests had moved in to keep tabs on him.  Arundel, being a pretty welcoming guy, let them in and accepted their odd religion (because he didn't really pay much attention to the gods).
-Ben is alive and well.  His adoptive father was able to escape with him when the orogs attacked.  They have moved to Tir Caspon.
-Ipcac is also alive and well.  He is moving to the city-state of Bardoon to set up shop there.
-Technically Arundel wasn't dead when he was buried, but he did die in the woods shortly thereafter.  This makes Torfeg likely to be the highest level druid in the Greensward, in case he wanted to go become the Archdruid of the area.

A couple of unresolved things:
-Your party is currently in possession of the Fire Crystal.  Someone should do something with that.
-You all seemed concerned about the dwarves in Fordoss, and with the gems they were mining there.  Someone should probably do something about that.
-The Cave of Crystals was left basically untouched, and it still has an open portal to the Plane of Water.  Someone should probably do something about that also.
-The Lost Temple of Avaruum still has open portals into Hell.  Someone should probably do something about that also also.
-Northaven has citizens, but no mayor.  Hrothulf died fighting frost giants.  So, if someone wanted to become a mayor, I'm sure they wouldn't mind.
Pillows are designed for relaxation. If they are fighting, what hope do we have?

bitweever
Site Admin

Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:34 am

Torfeg wouldn't mind holding onto the fire crystal and sticking around the Greensward.  He's a bit different than Ehrendale as far as druids go, so he's not likely to be as welcoming to visitors.  

oathbinder
Minor god

Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:33 pm

Here are some of Sambels thoughts on the things we need to take care of:
Fordoss: Sam wants to contact a major Temple of Braya and try to guilt them into helping the dwarves by telling them about what the Knights of The Shining tear did to them. He also wants to travel back to Fordosd and offer to take the legless dwarf away from there if he still wants to go. After all he did promise to take him out of there.

The Lost Temple of Avaruum: Sam thinks we should contact the Temple of Kath. He wants to try and get them to close the portal and do something with the little shards of the Ice Queen that the dwarves have been mining. They can also release our friend in the animated armor or give him a new task.

-The Cave of Crystals: I thought we should talk to a temple of Grom try to get them to close the portal the way they closed the one in the fishing Village.

Sambel is willing to talk to anyone and do as many persuasion checks as necessary to get this stuff started. The only people he would be hesitant to talk to is the Barloz military since he was never officially discharged.

nbrs6121
Forger of Worlds

Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:49 pm

After leaving Northaven, Sambel goes to Tir Navoth to speak to the priests there.  The priests at the temple of Braeya are saddened to hear about the damage being done in their name, and they promise to put together a group to go help restore the sacred ground and those hurt in it.  An honor guard from the temple of Kath joins them.  The Braeyans bring the dwarves back to Tir Navoth for healing, including Norn, the dwarf you promised to help.  Durnel remains in Fordoss to protect the Braeyans who said they would need some time to sanctify the temple.  When they finish, he stays to guard the portal.

The Grommites don't think they will be able to help with the portal in the Cave of Krystals.  It seems only the Kyleeans would be able to help there, and they are reticent to do so.  However, they do wish to retake their temple and send a group of warriors to reclaim it from the frost salamanders.

Unable to find any priests of Avaruum, a group of priests of Vigos set out to explore the region and confirm your findings.

oathbinder
Minor god

Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:27 pm

Sambel would not be interested in being mayor but if one of the other PCS was interested in being mayor he would be willing to stick around and help out as a sort of constable