Discussion about the 5 Kingdoms

bitweever
Site Admin

Call Lightning

Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:21 am

Guys, I've made a huuuuge mistake.

So, about the only thing I got at level 5 was my first 3rd level spells.  So, I flip through the PH, and look at what spells are available.  There, at the top of the list, is Call Lightning.  "That's weird," I think, because Call Lightning is a 2nd level spell.  "Well, maybe it's errata, and the spell description says 2nd level."  Nope.  Pure, legitimately 3rd level.  Crap.  I have been using it as a 2nd level spell.  How did I do that?  I scan the rest of my spell list, to see if I'd filled my 2nd level spell slots with 3rd level spells.  Nope, Call Lightning was the only one.

I honestly don't know how I did this.  I knew how good of a spell it was, and I guess I jumped the gun.  Maybe my finger was covering the '3rd Level' header (since it's one of three spells at the bottom of the '2nd Level' column).  It's been on my list since we leveled into 4.

Anyway, I apologize if it seemed unbalanced.  I believe I only used it twice (including last encounter, in which I perished and came back as a Tiefling).
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

nbrs6121
Forger of Worlds

Re: Call Lightning

Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:44 pm

It's a mistake, but not a fatal one (well, not permanently fatal).  If anyone was especially bothered, I'll let them kill Torfeg once.  Each time he'll come back as a Teifling, so it'll just be for the emotional satisfaction.
Pillows are designed for relaxation. If they are fighting, what hope do we have?

KnightFall
Forger of Worlds

Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:05 pm

Interestingly I noticed the same thing about Remove Curse.  I've had it on my list all 4th level but it is actually a 3rd level spell.  I haven't had to use it, since we all know none of us are cursed.
It suddenly occurred to me just how absurd this scene was: a guy wearing a suit of armor, standing next to an undead king, both hunched over the controls of a classic arcade game.
-Ready Player One

nbrs6121
Forger of Worlds

Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:47 pm

Do I need to start auditing everyone's character sheets?
Pillows are designed for relaxation. If they are fighting, what hope do we have?