Discussion about the 5 Kingdoms

KnightFall
Forger of Worlds

Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:04 pm

Anyone with martial weapons can use the maul and warmace as a 2 handed weapon. Personally I disagree with them being listed as exotic at all. I view the maul, warmace and dire pick as 2 handed versions of their respective category. You can't take a feat to use a greatsword or great axe 1-handed so I don't understand why these weapons get that advantage. Anyway, the main point is no one has to take an exotic weapon feat to use them as 2 handed weapons.
It suddenly occurred to me just how absurd this scene was: a guy wearing a suit of armor, standing next to an undead king, both hunched over the controls of a classic arcade game.
-Ready Player One

bitweever
Site Admin

Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:13 pm

I pictured it as a two-handed weapon. There's probably a game balance reason why it's an exotic.
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

KnightFall
Forger of Worlds

Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:03 pm

Mark and I were talking about equipment earlier today. I've decided that as dwarves everyone would be fairly well equipped. We're going to follow the equipment guidelines in the book but go ahead and take the max gold for your class instead of rolling. This should allow everyone to be fairly well equipped for the beginning of the game.
It suddenly occurred to me just how absurd this scene was: a guy wearing a suit of armor, standing next to an undead king, both hunched over the controls of a classic arcade game.
-Ready Player One

Edelred
Forger of Worlds

Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:20 pm

Dustin,
I have decided to go with the mini of Logrim Battlefury, Captain.
"I beat Dungeons & Dragons....and it was Advanced!" - Pierce Hawthorne

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:39 pm

As for minis, I ordered Cory's pick and Mark's pick this week. I picked up my model and Nick's model.

Brian, that model apparently isn't available to retailers yet. I think it'll be available in September. I don't see any harm in waiting for it, or if you like you could order it online. Like most brick-and-mortar retailers, TD doesn't get stuff in the day it's available, it could take them a week or two after it's released.

Clay, the Dwarf you ordered is in at Top Deck.
- "Don't assume you are safe because there is a rational explanation for all of this."

Wolfgod

Raedic
Guardinal

Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:50 am

Good, I will pick it up on Wednesday night. I have to go up there and drop off the rest of the ARC to Wink.
Ceeta: You realise you can get ten times the output from a gun less than a tenth that size, don't you?
[ommminous hummmmm]
Schlock: I like the soothing sounds I get out of this one.
Ceeta: The glow of doom from the barrel is a nice touch, too...

nfguinn
Forger of Worlds

Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:48 am

Excellent. Thanks.

That Mini should be perfect.
Suki desu kada Nihongo de hanashitai desu.

bitweever
Site Admin

Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:12 pm

What do you all think of the 'Barbarian Strength' variant from PH II? Basically, instead of getting normal rage, when your hp drops below 5 x babarian level, you get a +4 to STR, +2 to saves, DR 2/-, and -2 penalty to AC. Then, at 11th you get +6/+3/3-.
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

KnightFall
Forger of Worlds

Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:13 am

I haven't read about this. It sounds ok. Does it completely replace rage?
-Ready Player One

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:19 am

Who the heck is bitweever?
- "Don't assume you are safe because there is a rational explanation for all of this."

Wolfgod

KnightFall
Forger of Worlds

Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:32 am

I think he's a friend of Alphalupine. I don't think either of them acutally exist, they're just jokes played on us by Clay.

BTW, Nick is still listed as Game Master. That needs to be switched to me. Yay, the first time I've been listed as GM. Poor Mark got skipped completely.
-Ready Player One

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:36 am

Ahh, so he's Clay's sock puppet. I see. :D

Wolfgod

KnightFall
Forger of Worlds

Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:47 am

Tammy is bringing Blood Feud this weekend so it will be a non-DnD night. Depending on how many people we have we may need to set up Game of Thrones also.

Next Friday, Sept 8, I have to work till 7pm so I'll be a little late. I would plan on that being a finishing up characters and intro night. I have a short adventure I can run but if we want to do something else that is fine.
-Ready Player One

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:54 am

I hate to miss Blood Feud, but I'll be writing this Friday and won't make the game.

Tell Tammy not to send assassins, I promise I'll make the next one.

On the other hand, Nick might win a game. :lol:

Wolfgod

KnightFall
Forger of Worlds

Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:08 am

We will be at the Labor Day cookout Monday. I think Clay mentioned brining games for that also.
-Ready Player One

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:25 am

Yeah ... see ... going to miss that too.

In fact, it's best if you just assuming I'm missing for about the next ten days or so.

Wolfgod

KnightFall
Forger of Worlds

Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:47 am

Next 10 consecutive days or next 10 game days?

Oh and Tammy says to look out for assassin kitties unless your absence is made up to her somehow. Be afraid, very afraid.
Last edited by KnightFall on Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Ready Player One

nfguinn
Forger of Worlds

Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:10 am

Conner wants to know if anyone wants us to bring out Heroscape game. To which even he has beat me I might add.

Look on this ste to get an idea of what it is all about:

http://www.hasbro.com/heroscape/

Very fun game. Needs quite a bit of table space and can play up to four players.

nfguinn
Forger of Worlds

Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:33 am

Also Melissa issued a request that if we are to get together for Labor day that we gather sometime in the afternoon and not at night. As our kids go to bed early on school nights like that one.

So say about 12:00 to 2:00 somewhere?

bitweever
Site Admin

Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:17 pm

So changed.

I'll be there Friday, and will probably bring the Vicki.

Raedic
Guardinal

Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:28 pm

The time frame sounds fine to me.
Ceeta: You realise you can get ten times the output from a gun less than a tenth that size, don't you?
[ommminous hummmmm]
Schlock: I like the soothing sounds I get out of this one.
Ceeta: The glow of doom from the barrel is a nice touch, too...