Discussion about the 5 Kingdoms

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Toon

Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:20 am

Another game I'd like to see somebody run is Toon. I've mentioned it a time or two, but I never really went into much detail. I'll be bringing the sourcebook Friday for anybody who wants to look at it. It's one of the most high-larious games I've ever played, resplendent with wacky hijinks and tomfoolery. Simple system, too.
Consistency - It's not just a river in Egypt.

KnightFall
Forger of Worlds

Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:25 am

That sounds like a good thing to have for one shot games while someone else is preparing their's.
It suddenly occurred to me just how absurd this scene was: a guy wearing a suit of armor, standing next to an undead king, both hunched over the controls of a classic arcade game.
-Ready Player One

bitweever
Site Admin

Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:45 am

Can you run off a cliff and hover in mid-air until you look down? Is there a save vs. the laws of physics?
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:47 pm

Actually, yes. It's quite funny.

AxeMan
Champion

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:55 pm

But is it as funny as Whomp?????? That is the question.

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:08 pm

Sounds interesting, but to foil Chris I suggest we all play completely serious, non-comic Characters when he runs Toon. :)
- "Don't assume you are safe because there is a rational explanation for all of this."

Wolfgod

bitweever
Site Admin

Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:10 pm

We should be the ones to teach the toons about physics. It would be the equivalent of Eve eating the forbidden fruit. It would taint the toon world forever.
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:08 pm

This is exactly why I wasn't going to run. I was going to let someone else run. Besides, while I like playing Toon, I'm really no good at running it.

bitweever
Site Admin

Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:39 pm

You know who might be exceptional at running Toon? Jay. We'll see what he thinks.