Discussion about the 5 Kingdoms

Blayde
Zombie Bard

D20 Heroes

Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:09 pm

Cory and I just finished up watching X2 on our schnazzy new television, and we were wondering. What does the fantastic world of D20 have to offer with respect to superheroes? I played a game called Marvel back in the day which was pretty darn cool, though it's been years and this may or may not be revisionist history. Is there anything out there with that sort of genre? Kind of the mutant anti-hero posse thing?
Consistency - It's not just a river in Egypt.

bitweever
Site Admin

Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:52 am

There's nothing from Wizard's. There may be a 3rd party product of some type.
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

oathbinder
Minor god

Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:55 pm

“Promise me… whatever happens, where ever you go… don’t let them eat my dog.” Lewis Gates- Last of the dog men

oathbinder
Minor god

Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:03 pm

You could build a super hero world in d 20 modern fairly easily, using the Fx abilities and other templates, but your choices of powers may be limited.
“Promise me… whatever happens, where ever you go… don’t let them eat my dog.” Lewis Gates- Last of the dog men

bitweever
Site Admin

Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:26 pm

We had talked about using spells as special abilities. Maybe have so many 'ability points', and 1 ability point is one level of a spell. So, say, for example, your character needed to fly. Fly is a 3rd level spell, so that would use up 3 of your ability points. If everyone started with, say, 10 points, then that would leave 7 for stuff like stoneskin and fireball.

Some abilities wouldn't work too well like this, so it would leave a lot of room for GM editing.

Man, I overuse commas. I mean, a lot.
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:42 pm

So, how many points does the skill "Extensive Comma Usage" cost?

Mark, I'd been halfheartedly looking for the Marvel sourcebook for a while. Cory expressed an interest in running that down the road, so I might look a little deeper into it.

bitweever
Site Admin

Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:27 pm

Oh, and you could get additional points for taking a weakness. A more hindering weakness (i.e. the color red) would give you more ability points than a less hindering one (i.e. rare stone from a distant, extinct planet).

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:23 am

I'm already a super-hero. This is just my mild-mannered secret identity.

When I'm fighting evil, I'm known as History Major. My powers include being able to instantly recongize whatever equipment I see, being able to analyze my opponent's plans based on similar supervillians in history, and an uncanny ability with the Dewey Decimal system.

I also have a famous and much-feared battle cry - "Precendent!"
- "Don't assume you are safe because there is a rational explanation for all of this."

Wolfgod

bitweever
Site Admin

Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:51 am

I am supernumerate with multiple pieces of paper (from my misspent youth in a print shop), and can make a different automatic faucet come on than the one I'm standing at.

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:11 pm

Are you also a superhero?

Would you like to fight crime, citizen?

You can be my sidekick.
- "Don't assume you are safe because there is a rational explanation for all of this."

Wolfgod

oathbinder
Minor god

Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:01 pm

I am the mighty Side-bar.
I foil criminals by side- tracking them with obscure facts and stores that are only vaguely related to the original topic.

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:51 pm

I feel I can now trust you all with my secret identity. I am known to superheroes and supervillains alike as "BEARDED GUY," with powers far below that of mortal man!