Discussion about the 5 Kingdoms

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:50 am

I'm an IT professional, but I own all kinds of firearms and edged weapons. Just not much ammunition. I'd have a working Bradley if I could figure out how to get one. And where to park it.
- "Don't assume you are safe because there is a rational explanation for all of this."

Wolfgod

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:36 am

Q: Where do you park a working tank?

A: Anywhere you want to.
Consistency - It's not just a river in Egypt.

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:56 am

Warning: Technically correct but otherwise irrelevant reply follows.

<pet peeve>A Bradley isn't a Tank. It's an Infantry Fighting Vehicle. Just because it has tracks doesn't make it a tank - usually in order to qualify as a Tank a vehicle has to possess a main gun and sufficient armor to engage and kill other tanks. A Bradley is lightly armored for the modern battlefield, though it has powerful AT capability in the form of TOW missiles. The 25mm chaingun, though, is intended to kill infantry and other IFV's. The source of this pet peeve is the US media, which constantly identifies anything with tracks - including IFVs, recovery vehicles, USMC amphibious transports, and construction equipment, as Tanks. These are NOT tanks. Saying ' US Forces lost two tanks in Fallujah today' because two bulldozers were abandoned after coming under small arms fire isn't the same thing as losing two M1A2's. *sigh* </pet peeve>
- "Don't assume you are safe because there is a rational explanation for all of this."

Wolfgod

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:12 pm

I had no idea. I just picked Bradley as the first thing that came to mind. I didn't figure we had any combat vehicles named Julio, for example.

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:00 pm

No, that's next year's DoD project.

Wolfgod

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:00 pm

You know, looking at the Cthulhu templates, I think I may have a winner here. All characters are going to have Craft (Barricade) as a free skill, but having the three free skills per player's choice is a nice touch. I'm relatively sure this is exactly what I want to go with. Still, parapsychology wouldn't really fit the tone I want, so I may just nix that one entirely.

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:03 pm

Oh, come on. Next you'll say we can't have Cthulhu Mythos.

Wolfgod

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:59 pm

Well, it's not so much that you CAN'T have it. You can take it as a Knowledge skill if you want. I just wouldn't put many ranks in it.

bitweever
Site Admin

Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:14 pm

<pet peeve>You can't take ranks in Cthluhu Mythos, they have to be awarded it, and it takes away from your max sanity. And my Bradley can beat up your Bradley.</pet peeve>
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:02 pm

You know, we're not talking about Cthulhu. We're talking about a brand new game. So, if you want to take ranks in Cthulhu Mythos in my game, you can. They don't HAVE to be awarded. And who the heck is Bradley?

bitweever
Site Admin

Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:55 pm

But, um, Cthulhu Mythos doesn't exist in your game, so why would I take it? Maybe my character in your game will be running a Cthluhu game. That may work.
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

oathbinder
Minor god

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:07 pm

Chris, A Bradley is an assault vehicle that is often mistaken for a tank.
“Promise me… whatever happens, where ever you go… don’t let them eat my dog.” Lewis Gates- Last of the dog men

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:31 pm

LOL.

Wolfgod

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:30 am

Actually, I like Greg's idea. You'll all start out as a roleplaying group. That way none of your stats will be over 12.

nfguinn
Forger of Worlds

Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:10 am

Hey! I worked hard for my 12's.

I wonder what your CON is mister, "Bleeds from eyes" guy.
Suki desu kada Nihongo de hanashitai desu.

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:22 am

Don't pester Chris. Con was his dump stat. I wonder what *your* dump stat was? :)

Wolfgod

Raedic
Guardinal

Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:41 am

My dump stat starts with a "C", the next letter is not an "O".
12 str phtth. Not a good idea to make the guy with the str of <12 str say, phtth!
Ceeta: You realise you can get ten times the output from a gun less than a tenth that size, don't you?
[ommminous hummmmm]
Schlock: I like the soothing sounds I get out of this one.
Ceeta: The glow of doom from the barrel is a nice touch, too...

nfguinn
Forger of Worlds

Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:45 am

Some days I think they were all my dump stats. But that is totally beside the point.

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:44 am

Con was not my dump stat, thank you very much. I don't have dump stats. Well, maybe Charisma. That would explain the hair loss . . .

nfguinn
Forger of Worlds

Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:49 pm

So. Bleeding from the eyes is just a feature of being Chris!?

What a deal.

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:56 pm

Nah, it was actually my Bonus Feat.

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:59 pm

You took one of those prestige classes, didn't you?

Wolfgod

bitweever
Site Admin

Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:04 pm

Maybe it's one of those 'flaws': Bloody-Eyed. I hope you got a feat for that.

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:28 pm

I think he took 'sickly' as a flaw, and 'bleeding eyes' as a feat ... though I question the value of the feat.

Wolfgod

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:12 am

I'm so misunderstood. I'm both an artist and a genius, but I'm before my time. Someday, my memory will be vindicated.

On a side note, I'm going to make a separate posting in this Forum for your zombie characters' background and such. We can also use this after the game as a forum for discussing the game, areas that need improvement. To use cheesy Bankisms, what behaviors or ideas need More, Better, Different, or Less. Thank you for the loan of the Cthulhu book, Dustin. That really helped with character creation quite a bit. I'm still wrestling with a few things, but I think I have enough in place to get this first playtest done. Not sure what the game's plot is going to be yet, but I'll work on that.