Discussion about the 5 Kingdoms

oathbinder
Minor god

Prepare for ?Fearless Monster Hunters II?

Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:59 pm

Please answer these questions. If you are playing a new character I?ll need this info. If you are playing an old character, I could still use the update.

1. Who are you (and what is you character class)?
2. What is your background?
3. Do you believe in the existence of mythical animals? (Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Yeti, etc.)
4. Do you believe in the paranormal? (Ghosts, curses, Psychic Phenomena, etc.)

Good night Wesley I?ll most likely kill you in the morning.
Thanks!

P.S. Dustin I think that you covered all this in you post about your new character.
“Promise me… whatever happens, where ever you go… don’t let them eat my dog.” Lewis Gates- Last of the dog men

nfguinn
Forger of Worlds

Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:13 pm

1. You can call me Jerry, I specialize in Metaphysical Phenomenon, Zenobiology, exobiology, a few other things.

2. Doctorate in Metaphysics.

3. Of course. I have pictures of a Bigfoot...Let me get out the slide projector.

4. Of course. Why are you asking me these questions. I already told you what I do for a living. <pokes everyone in the room in the shoulder to make sure they are corporeal>
Suki desu kada Nihongo de hanashitai desu.

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:40 pm

1. My name is John Red Cloud. I'll be handling security for this op.
2. I was born on the Lakota Standing Rock reservation in Wakpala, South Dakota. I grew up there, joined the army, saw the world, met interesting people, and so on. I spent some time in the Stan and then did some private contracting.
3 & 4. I don't 'believe' in mythical animals, evil spirits, or other things like that ... but I don't disbelieve in them, either. I don't like being poked, either.
- "Don't assume you are safe because there is a rational explanation for all of this."

Wolfgod

bitweever
Site Admin

Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:48 am

1. Who are you (and what is you character class)?

Everyone calls me 'Truck'. My real name is Tucker Jefferey (insert last name). You 'probably heard of me because I went All-American for football in High School. I scored three touchdowns to get us into the championship. Also, my Dad owns the biggest Ford Dealership in the region. I'm a fast/tough hero. I'm a Saggatarius, and enjoy long walks on the lakeshore, and shootin' cans off of fences.

2. What is your background?

Well, I'm a college student now, so I'm playin' football and keepin' sharp with my shotgun. I've started to study anthropology. Maybe I can understand those things we ran across last summer.

3. Do you believe in the existence of mythical animals? (Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Yeti, etc.)

Yah! I seen 'em! That is to say, I saw them!

4. Do you believe in the paranormal? (Ghosts, curses, Psychic Phenomena, etc.)

I have no doubt it's true! I've heard this land was cursed by an old witch which is what done called all the wierdness to go down. As for Psychics, the government's usin' psychic technology they stole from the aliens to make contact with the chief of the Sasquatch tribe. That's why those invisible black silent heliocopters are always around here at night.
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

Edelred
Forger of Worlds

Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:18 pm

1. Guten tag. My name is Johannes Alfons Bastian van der Haigh and I am what you might call a Fast/Dedicated hero of sorts. I am here to use my expertise to catch and/or dispatch all that is evil or paranormal.

2. I am a renowned man of science and faith that has an immense background in dealing with those things that go bump in the night. I come from a long line of monster hunters, psychics, exorcists and the like. If it flies, walks, stalks, slithers, glows, or moans ...... I can take care of it.

3. Most mythical animals DO exist. I have come across many of them all across the world. I am still in search of that elusive Chupacabra I was tracking in Central America. I have far too many stories to tell of my exploits to discuss at this time.

4. The paranormal? Of course they're out there. Spectres, spooks, phantoms, and shadows, they're all restless and waiting to take out their frustrations on the living.
"I beat Dungeons & Dragons....and it was Advanced!" - Pierce Hawthorne

bitweever
Site Admin

Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:30 am

Oooh! Mr. Hagen Daas is a real-life monster hunter! I gotta learn more from him!
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:40 pm

*crossed arms*

As far as who I am, that's my business. Keep that in mind, and we'll get along great. I'm a tough son of a gun, and that's all you need to know.

My background isn't all that important, but since you seem to want to know . . .
I was military, but was honorably discharged and used the benefit money to buy two trucks. One was commercial, the other was fun. Still have the fun one, but she's a little rusty. Literally.

Mythical animals? Depends on what you're drinking. Enough Drano in your whiskey there, chief, and you can see just about anything.

Paranormal stuff's in about the same category as my ever getting back into the military. It ain't gonna happen.

By the way, your 30 seconds are up. Now, either stop asking me questions or we might need to step outside. Oh, don't kick me in the groin, either. You can hit me all day long, but if you do that, I might take it personal like.
Consistency - It's not just a river in Egypt.

Jayde
Adventurer

Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:30 pm

Hi, I'm Aidan Kelly and I'm an artist of sorts. I took over my dad's paint and body shop a couple of years ago and we expanded it to accomodate engine service as well. I'm pretty fast and pretty good with a gun.

Background? My mother was an English teacher and my father was an automobile artist. I got the best of both worlds reading in the corner of my dad's sho while he worked. I think my parents stayed together because they were both artists at heart. Anway, enough about them. I've always wanted to travel but could never decide where to go first.

Mythical creatures, huh? Well, I think my college roommate might have been a vampire...

Paranormal stuff? I really don't think so. I think people create their own demons.
"I may not be an adventurer, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am... I am a librarian!"
- Evie in The Mummy

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:12 pm

Mark, I'll actually want to talk to you about my character a little bit pre-game. This is going to sound a little weird, and it's something completely brand new to roleplaying, but I'm going to make my character have a few quirks. No, he doesn't have huge breasts. Anyway, I'll give you some info whenever we game next. I think I'll be at the game next Friday, but I'm not sure as I have to work Saturday morning at 9 am. I'm about 75% sure I'll be there.

KnightFall
Forger of Worlds

Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:09 pm

Sorry I'm a little late.

1. My name is Vincent Smith

2. I went to the Army right after high school. Spent some time in the Middle East during Desert Storm. I was an undefeated boxing champion while in the Army. After my Pa died I received a discharge and took over the family farm.

3. Well, last year I saw and helped kill a real bigfoot. If they're real then I reckon there's other weird critters we haven't come across yet.

4. I've seen a lot of weird stuff, both in desert and since coming home. I'm not sure I believe everything I hear but there are definately things out there that are strange.
It suddenly occurred to me just how absurd this scene was: a guy wearing a suit of armor, standing next to an undead king, both hunched over the controls of a classic arcade game.
-Ready Player One

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:39 pm

Huah Vin. Was wondering where you were.
- "Don't assume you are safe because there is a rational explanation for all of this."

Wolfgod

bitweever
Site Admin

Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:51 pm

Funny the government representation showing up in this party. I didn't realize that this was going to be a cattle mutilation expedition.

oathbinder
Minor god

Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:52 pm

Greg, If there is any cattle mutilation it will have to be on you own time.
“Promise me… whatever happens, where ever you go… don’t let them eat my dog.” Lewis Gates- Last of the dog men

nfguinn
Forger of Worlds

Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:05 pm

Wait one minute. Who said we are going to kill anything. Remember the last time we went adventuring we only had to kill the one bigfoot.

This may be a similar situation. don't kill anything that moans. It might just be understood.

Edelred
Forger of Worlds

Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:42 pm

It's all about dispatching that which does not belong. Things from the pits of Hell to "God's Mistakes" shall not walk this world. Do what it takes for the greater good. Kill it!

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:56 pm

You all really need to get into rehab or something. The colonel didn't say a word about having to buddy up with a bunch of tarot card reading weirdos.

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:41 pm

I don't get paid any different no matter how strange the detail is. If these guys want to hunt bigfoot, that's their business. We just have to keep them breathing.

Wolfgod

nfguinn
Forger of Worlds

Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:09 am

Ummm....

Actually. I wrote a disertation on the forms of foresight. It was published at Muskatonic University a few years ago when I was much younger. Some of my opinions have chnaged a little but the core of the paper is still sound.

I worked with a Nepalnese Mystic that helped me with my research while I was at a sister college in New Delhi.

We determined that....

<this goes on for some time...hours if left unchecked.>

And that is why the price of soap in Hungary is so high, ghosts...Now what were we talking about before? Oh yes foresight. That is also why REAL Tarot cards are so hard to find. The ones that work anyway.

I hope that helps you guys?!

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:40 am

So you went to a girl's school in New Dehli?

That explains a lot.

Wolfgod

nfguinn
Forger of Worlds

Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:51 am

There were a few girls at the school but I wouldn't say that the girl's had taken over or anything....Hey wait a minute. That sounded like one of those facetious remarks I have heard so much about.

I get it. I do.

Edelred
Forger of Worlds

Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:42 pm

Oxford, Harvard, or even South Montana State A&M will tell you the truth about what is out there. Stuff that will rip your face off and use it as a flag in some gay pride march. There is lots of scary $%&! out there. So we must all be calm and level headed when we take of the dust bunnies that are hiding under the bed.
Last edited by Edelred on Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jayde
Adventurer

Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:25 pm

How did you guys get from bigfoot to dust bunnies?

All I know is, if it's broken, I can probably make it work again. These are the people I end up with through my psycho family.
"I may not be an adventurer, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am... I am a librarian!"
- Evie in The Mummy

bitweever
Site Admin

Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:42 am

You call them 'dust bunnies', I call them 'Sasquach hairballs'.

amazon
Immortal

Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:45 pm

I just know that there is more out in the world than what most people believe. I also know that most people come to a resonable rationalization when they do see something strange. That is they only way normal people can stay sane in this world because if they really knew what was going on we would have many more bodies in the crazy house.

nfguinn
Forger of Worlds

Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:11 pm

Actually. The doctors in those institutions prefer to call them "reality challenged". Personally I think everyone else is crazy and I am the sane one.

But who is counting...