Discussion about the 5 Kingdoms

Blayde
Zombie Bard

All Flesh Must Be Eaten

Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:38 pm

Gang:

Thanks to Clay, I have a new outlet for my zombie game. It's a deviation from the "correct zombie," but it's a workable game, I think. Thoughts?
Consistency - It's not just a river in Egypt.

bitweever
Site Admin

Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:53 pm

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Zombies and outlets don't mix.
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

Raedic
Guardinal

Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:10 pm

What did I do?
Ceeta: You realise you can get ten times the output from a gun less than a tenth that size, don't you?
[ommminous hummmmm]
Schlock: I like the soothing sounds I get out of this one.
Ceeta: The glow of doom from the barrel is a nice touch, too...

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:36 pm

Clay, you gave me the sourcebook for All Flesh Must Be Eaten. It's a zombie game setting. Greg, can you check and see if you can get a PDF format of the rules.

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:38 am

So, there are absolutely no thoughts on my running All Flesh Must Be Eaten? At all? I appreciate your complete confidence.

bitweever
Site Admin

Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:30 pm

You gotta show up if you want to run!

Anyway, we're up for it, but realize that we're all going to go straight to the farm combines and just mow 'em down.
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:46 am

Yeah, my absenteeism has been pretty rampant of late. Things have been a mite crazy with family stuff and weather stuff and everything else stuff. After the first of the year, that should be fixed.

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:42 am

I'll play!

Well, I *would* play.

BTW, Chris, Zombie discussions with you have occasionally been useful here. Not in any practical sense, but useful topics; you'd be surprised how many people appreciate advanced anti-zombie tactics discussions.

Or not.
- "Don't assume you are safe because there is a rational explanation for all of this."

Wolfgod

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:15 am

It's funny how there's a diametrical opposition with respect to zombie survival. Half the time, people look at you like you're a complete idiot. Of course, I'm used to that by now. The other half consists of real, semi-intellectual conversations about strategy and long term survivability. Then, of course, there's a third half who don't even know what zombies are. I actually had someone ask me what a zombie was last week. I nearly wept.

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:33 am

Chris - that third half - they *are* zombies!
- "Don't assume you are safe because there is a rational explanation for all of this."

Wolfgod

nfguinn
Forger of Worlds

Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:25 am

Flanders was a zombie?!
Suki desu kada Nihongo de hanashitai desu.

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:28 pm

That's why it's important to always stay vigilant. They can be anyone or anywhere. Luckily, I'm something of an expert in the subversion tactics of the undead.

bitweever
Site Admin

Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:37 pm

Three halves of the population are zombies?

When I went and saw "I Am Legend", it made me wonder about how much the machinery of the human body could take if it wasn't concerned about pain and damaging itself, and armed with muscles that don't fatigue. Could it really claw its way up the wall? Could it toss someone around by its teeth? Probably not, but it was fun wondering that anyway.

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:34 am

I was more interested in 'I am Legend' before the previews with mutant monsters in it. After that I lost interest. I might Netflix it someday.

Wolfgod

Edelred
Forger of Worlds

Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:48 pm

I was really disappointed in everything that dealt with the mutants. Too much CGI in the movie & it was obvioous CGI. Will Smith was great in it He does a good job of losing his mind from lonliness. The movie reminded me a lot of Tom Hanks' performance in Castaway.
"I beat Dungeons & Dragons....and it was Advanced!" - Pierce Hawthorne

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:21 pm

That's almost word-for-word what the folks who have seen it up here said. ;) Uncanny.

Wolfgod

bitweever
Site Admin

Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:21 pm

The creepiest parts of it weren't the monsters, but being in downtown Manhattan and hearing crickets.

I understand the book is quite a bit different than any of the three movies. I'm going to try to check it out from the library and read it soon.

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:46 am

The book is phenomenal. In fact, everything I've ever read by Richard Matheson was pretty darned chilling, especially some of his short stories. I've not seen the newest version yet, but the versions with Vincent Price and Charlton Heston (The Last Man on Earth and The Omega Man respectively) were definitely worth a watch.