Discussion about the 5 Kingdoms

bitweever
Site Admin

New York Examiner, September 1921

Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:15 am

People and Places

Manhattan-based freelance photographer Nathaniel Whitfield has been hired by the U.S. Farm Bureau to travel to rural areas and document the daily lives of the average American farmer. Whitfield, whose previous works include subjects such as Prohibition in New York and the construction of the Flatiron Building, is expected to travel for the next six months by train, horse, or automobile to reach even the most remote farms in this great nation.

Ernestine Roth, daughter of millionaire Ernest Roth and sole heir to the Roth copper fortune, has departed for Ottawa, Canada on her father's behalf to speak to Prime Minister William Lyon Mackenzie King. Miss Roth is expected to petition the Prime Minister to open the Eastern islands of Newfoundland and Labrador for international oil drilling.

John Patrick "Jack" O'Sullivan, Jr, son of the revivalist preacher of the same name will begin traveling on his own crusades within the next few months. He is expected to take his message to small towns in New England, while his father continues to draw large crowds in metropolitan areas.
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

nbrs6121
Forger of Worlds

Re: New York Examiner, April 1921

Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:54 am

Jack O'Malley is a first generation Irish-American. He has been a coal miner for the last three years, and recently was moved from swinging a pick to setting explosive charges in the mine. He was on leave from the mine in Upstate New York, so he had returned to New York City to visit his parents. He is now headed back to the mine to resume work.

Charles "Lucky" Luciano was born in Sicily and moved to New York in the 1910s. When Prohibition struck in 1920, Lucky took to running booze over the border from Canada, through Niagara. Having just off-loaded a shipment in New York City, he is heading to Albany to meet up with his gang to start a new shipment.

Jillian Hamblin is a writer by trade, and she is headed to Albany to attempt to get her novel published. The novel is written under the pen name J. C. Winthrop, as she has been turned down twice for publication under her own name. Her true love, however, is psychology and she seems to have an almost unnatural gift of reading people.

NOTE: I'm using PathGuy's generator to build my characters.
Pillows are designed for relaxation. If they are fighting, what hope do we have?

KnightFall
Forger of Worlds

Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:22 pm

Uuuuhhhh........Huh?
It suddenly occurred to me just how absurd this scene was: a guy wearing a suit of armor, standing next to an undead king, both hunched over the controls of a classic arcade game.
-Ready Player One

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:29 pm

Que?
- "Don't assume you are safe because there is a rational explanation for all of this."

Wolfgod

nbrs6121
Forger of Worlds

Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:16 pm

Mark is running a Cthulu game on the 29th. He told us to bring back-up characters. These are our basic concepts.
Pillows are designed for relaxation. If they are fighting, what hope do we have?

bitweever
Site Admin

Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:37 pm

The month and year are just a placeholder for now, until Mark gets on here and tells us when we're really starting.
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

oathbinder
Minor god

Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:39 pm

I like the character concepts so far.
Early October 1921, Friday. The 5:15 to Albany leaving from Grand Central Terminal. After making many stops along the way, you will reach Albany NY. From here, most of you will head your separate ways.
“Promise me… whatever happens, where ever you go… don’t let them eat my dog.” Lewis Gates- Last of the dog men

bitweever
Site Admin

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:39 am

The 7th is the earliest Friday in October 1921.

bitweever
Site Admin

Re: New York Examiner, September 1921

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:16 am

Mark-
What are going to be our rules for rolling stats?

oathbinder
Minor god

Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:38 pm

Role four die. Drop the lowest.
“Promise me… whatever happens, where ever you go… don’t let them eat my dog.” Lewis Gates- Last of the dog men

nbrs6121
Forger of Worlds

Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:19 pm

Any other limitations? Also, where are we meeting this week to discuss these?

oathbinder
Minor god

Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:44 pm

You can re role ones. (You are going to need good stats) Also role as many sets as you want until you have one you like. I think we are at Brains.

AxeMan
Champion

Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:36 am

Two things....

1) Can I play an Ewok??? :)
2) I bet peaches would love it if we started calling him "brain"
"What's the use of happiness? It can't buy you money."
(Henry Youngman)

oathbinder
Minor god

Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:19 am

If you can come up with a logical reason that there is a ewok on earth, in New York, in 1921, you can play one.

AxeMan
Champion

Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:03 pm

Please.... Ewoks go where they find the shiney objects! New York is one big shiney object! Duh???

By 1921 Ewoks would be an ancient race... since star wars happened a "long time ago"... they would have had time to travel to a place "far far away"!!!
(Henry Youngman)

Edelred
Forger of Worlds

Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:23 am

My place is open. I'll be here.
"I beat Dungeons & Dragons....and it was Advanced!" - Pierce Hawthorne

bitweever
Site Admin

Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:58 pm

Possible conflict:

Apparently, the Halloween party that we've been going to the past few years is now going to be on Friday the 29th. I'm thinking about skipping it this year, because Vicki and I haven't really prepared any costumes (seeing how this party wasn't scheduled until today). But, just wanted to throw that out there and see if we might be missing Austin, who has been a regular attender the past couple of years.

nbrs6121
Forger of Worlds

Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:28 pm

I'm probably going to split time between the party and the game, depending on how things go. I'll have my characters and dice with me in the car, but I'll be at the party first. If it starts to lag and Heather and I want to roll, I'll probably end up showing up.

AxeMan
Champion

Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:39 pm

Its been scheduled for a while... Bart is just slow on the draw when it comes to inviting people. :)

Costumes not required.
(Henry Youngman)

nbrs6121
Forger of Worlds

Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:59 pm

I still haven't got the invite yet, but I knew it was happening.

bitweever
Site Admin

Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:03 pm

I figured we'd have one, but (a) it's usually on Saturday, and (b) I didn't hear anything about it until this week. So, I'm thinking the Cthulhu game takes precedence since it was planned first.

nbrs6121
Forger of Worlds

Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:09 pm

Fair. If Heather hadn't already spent money on her costume, I'd probably opt for the game night also. But she has and looks very nice in it, so I'm opting to go to the party with the pretty girl dressed as Amy Pond.

KnightFall
Forger of Worlds

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:10 am

So, Austin, are you going as 11. Shouldn't be too hard a costume to put together, the major aspects are Docs, suspenders, and a bow tie.
It suddenly occurred to me just how absurd this scene was: a guy wearing a suit of armor, standing next to an undead king, both hunched over the controls of a classic arcade game.
-Ready Player One

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:34 am

Brilliant.

Tell Bart I probably won't be there. :)
- "Don't assume you are safe because there is a rational explanation for all of this."

Wolfgod

nbrs6121
Forger of Worlds

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:03 pm

Yup. I already have my sonic screwdriver too.