Discussion about the 5 Kingdoms

Edelred
Forger of Worlds

Arkham Horror

Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:47 am

Clay finally got his copy of this board game and we played it last night. It starts out pretty complicated, but it's a lot of fun. I can't wait to play it again and actually finish it.
"I beat Dungeons & Dragons....and it was Advanced!" - Pierce Hawthorne

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:30 pm

Yeah, there is a learning curve, but it's a cool game. I'm envious - I like that game. I think after a full game or two you guys will change the way you run Cthulhu campaigns a little - the AH system gives you an idea what a 'typical' Cthulhu encounter might work like. (though obviously in a normal one you'd stick together and stuff).

Kill a Shoggoth for me. :)
- "Don't assume you are safe because there is a rational explanation for all of this."

Wolfgod

bitweever
Site Admin

Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:57 am

It was awesome. Typically, I don't go for the ultra-complex 50-page rulebooked board games that you guys like, give me something Zen-like in its design, elegant yet fun. Gimme Tetris.

But, I really enjoyed AH. It was a blast. Since we really didn't understand it until halfway through the first game, I'm looking forward to playing it as well.

I say if Niq doesn't produce a CoC game for us this weekend, we play another game of AH.
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:15 am

I can definitely get behind that. I've been wanting to play it for a while. I can also bring Zombies!!! if Nick's game falls through.
Consistency - It's not just a river in Egypt.

KnightFall
Forger of Worlds

Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:02 am

Is there some reason Nick may not run his game? Was he attacked by ninjas? Or kung fu masters? Or 4 year olds?
It suddenly occurred to me just how absurd this scene was: a guy wearing a suit of armor, standing next to an undead king, both hunched over the controls of a classic arcade game.
-Ready Player One

Edelred
Forger of Worlds

Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:09 pm

I have faith in Nick. :)
"I beat Dungeons & Dragons....and it was Advanced!" - Pierce Hawthorne

bitweever
Site Admin

Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:01 pm

Just sayin'. It's good to have a backup.
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:20 pm

Speaking of Zombies!!!, Clay can you get the expansion packs from Top Deck? I'm borrowing a copy from a friend, and we were interested in picking up a few expansions.
Consistency - It's not just a river in Egypt.

Raedic
Guardinal

Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:11 am

I think TD has all 5 of the expansions for Zombies. As well as the basic bag of extra zombies.
Ceeta: You realise you can get ten times the output from a gun less than a tenth that size, don't you?
[ommminous hummmmm]
Schlock: I like the soothing sounds I get out of this one.
Ceeta: The glow of doom from the barrel is a nice touch, too...