Discussion about the 5 Kingdoms

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Background and Depth

Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:36 am

Okay, I think we've got a pretty good handle as far as the composition of the group. What I need now is a working idea of your character's temperament, background and some other things. Specifically, I'll need goals, things that make you furious, phobias, quirks, and other things that I can exploit in fits of evil glee. I may prefer that you actually send those to me via private message on the board here, or you can also email them to me at chrisandcory@sbcglobal.net. Make the subject line "Character Info" and I'll make sure Cory doesn't read them. Adds for a little mystery.
Consistency - It's not just a river in Egypt.

amazon
Immortal

Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:48 am

Chris my only problem is I have not figured out what type of character I want to play. I think that I need to discuss this with you.
Paddle faster, I think I hear banjos.

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:27 am

Here is the link I promised for the character sheet. No cheating now.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=st ... actersheet

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:17 am

For those of you who are Ex-Imperials, I have a question for you to consider. Han Solo is, of course, an ex-Imperial and doesn't really attempt to hide it as such. He still wears his Imperial cadet uniform trousers (replete with Corellian Bloodstripe) and boots. This isn't necessarily indicative of his wishing to identify with the Empire, it's just that he liked the boots. So, my question is this. How far will you go to be an Ex? Do you completely and totally shun everything to do with the Empire, or just what's convenient?

nfguinn
Forger of Worlds

Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:25 pm

My character is going to wear whateven is handy. He is not part of the rebellion but not really wanting to be part of the Empire either.

Whatever is convienient. Go with the flow. I probably liked the boots also. However, I didn't like the blood stripe. I probably went with something else. Like Black leather looking jacket. Something a bit more traveller from Firefly type garb. Almost outer rim looking. Or something like that. I will work up a waredrobe if you really need it.

My character also liked the short hair cut from his time on duty. Nothing to have to mess with when you get out of bed.
Suki desu kada Nihongo de hanashitai desu.

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:47 pm

Unless you were Corellian, you wouldn't have the Bloodstripe. It's a Corellian military award, presented for extreme bravery and valor and such.

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:24 am

I didn't like the grey uniform much, and I always hated the hat. They make good body armor, though.
- "Don't assume you are safe because there is a rational explanation for all of this."

Wolfgod

bitweever
Site Admin

Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:09 pm

I'll be in Mandalorian Battle Armor, depending on how much it costs.

I've noticed that there's no bounty hunter class in the new version. I may start as a soldier or fringer.
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:14 pm

That may be a tall order, considering the Mandalorians were basically wiped out long before the Empire ever thought about being around. It's extremely rare, which is why Boba Fett is such a big deal. I'll look at the A&E Guide and see what kind of armor is out there.

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:23 pm

Greg, I was thinking surplus Clone Wars armor. It's like stormtrooper armor, only neater, and should be available fairly cheaply.

Also, there are a lot more Clone Trooper minis available and they'd be easy to convert. :)

Oh, also, I thought Bounty Hunter was a Prestige Class?

(There is also Corellian Power Armor and other neat armors in the books ... every good set of armor ain't made by Mandalorians)
- "Don't assume you are safe because there is a rational explanation for all of this."

Wolfgod

bitweever
Site Admin

Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:22 am

Clone wars armor would work. Or, I may just strap a battle droid to me.

I was looking for a 'wealth' feat, so I could buy armor, guns, and a droid. I didn't see anything like that. I also didn't see any prestige classes in the core book.
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:19 am

We might be playing young versions of the characters we have in mind, who still don't have adequate gear.

Wolfgod

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:43 pm

Bounty Hunter is a prestige class. I'm still stuck in D6. Anyway, Greg, I got to looking at the A&E Guide today and saw some armor that might work. Dustin is exactly right in that you're all starting off small with just the initial credit supply. You'll pick things up here and there, however.

bitweever
Site Admin

Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:59 am

I finally found the PrC's in the core book. It looks like Bounty Hunter is a PrC for Scout, but that doesn't preclude multiclassing. Dustin, are you going to be a pure Scout, or were you thinking of crossing it with something else (say, Soldier (tough Bounty Hunter) or Fringer (Skillful Bounty Hunter)?)

I have toyed with the idea of scrapping Rook and just playing his droid...

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:20 pm

I don't have the foggiest idea. I would need to look at a Star Wars rulebook before deciding.

Wolfgod

bitweever
Site Admin

Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:05 pm

What? Why? You should make a choice ex nihilo now!

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:19 pm

OK, then I want to be a Wookie tree farmer.

Wolfgod

bitweever
Site Admin

Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:24 pm

Chris, what rolling method are we using? I prefer the one where you shake the dice, and throw them on the table. It seems to be more random than the one where you pick one of the sides and carefully set it down.

amazon
Immortal

Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:34 pm

I don't know I usually get better results when I choose a side of the dice an set it down over the shaking and rolling method.
Paddle faster, I think I hear banjos.

Jayde
Adventurer

Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:46 pm

I definietly agree that you get better results with the "choosing a side" method, but there's something very satisfying about the "shake and roll" method when it goes well. It's sorta like gambling....
"I may not be an adventurer, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am... I am a librarian!"
- Evie in The Mummy

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:22 pm

Umm, I used the pick a side and set it down method for the epic game character. I hope Nick doesn't mind. Anyway, with respect to the "shake and roll," I'm easy. You can either do 4d6 and drop the lowest or 3d6 and reroll ones. Entirely your call.

Edelred
Forger of Worlds

Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:19 pm

My dice only respond to being shaken then thrown forcefully at the table.
"I beat Dungeons & Dragons....and it was Advanced!" - Pierce Hawthorne

bitweever
Site Admin

Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:37 pm

4d6 and 3d6 reroll ones end up with entirely different results. Typically, 3d6 reroll ones will result in higher scores. So, you should probably choose one or the other for us.

Blayde
Zombie Bard

Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:51 pm

Let's go ahead and go with the 3d6 reroll ones as that seems to be the accepted model for the group.

Edelred
Forger of Worlds

Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:57 am

Don't get rid of Rook Greg! If you do that then Chase will have no one to talk to. I'll just be flying a bunch on people around in my ship with no buddies.

By the way Chris, how are we going to handle us having a transport for me to fly us around? I used to fly around a stock YT-1300 with a few minor modifications (cockpit was mounted in the middle instead of the side, etc.) and I called it the Sidewinder. It's up to you what you want us to fly around in, my only thing is that I'd like to call it the Sidewinder if you don't mind.
"I beat Dungeons & Dragons....and it was Advanced!" - Pierce Hawthorne