Discussion about the 5 Kingdoms

KnightFall
Forger of Worlds

Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:52 pm

Given the Native American theme in the Confederation I've pictured the official name as The Confederation of the Eight Stars. It might be abbreviated with something like the Octastar Confederation or Confed of Eight.

Tammy and I talked about the Commonwealth. She feels since the Cossacks are the only race outsiders deal with the common name would be the Cossack Commonwealth. Internally its probably something like the Mutual and Common Alliance of the Cossacks, Saurians, Mantians, and Perinians.
It suddenly occurred to me just how absurd this scene was: a guy wearing a suit of armor, standing next to an undead king, both hunched over the controls of a classic arcade game.
-Ready Player One

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:07 am

So edited.
- "Don't assume you are safe because there is a rational explanation for all of this."

Wolfgod

KnightFall
Forger of Worlds

Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:30 am

A quick note on the Commonwealth. As they are a loose alliance each member has a different type of government. The Cossacks are a stratocracy, Saurians are an absolute monarchy, the Perinians have a democratic republic and the Mantians use a oligarchy system.
It suddenly occurred to me just how absurd this scene was: a guy wearing a suit of armor, standing next to an undead king, both hunched over the controls of a classic arcade game.
-Ready Player One

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:14 am

So it's a commonwealth of Governments. :)
- "Don't assume you are safe because there is a rational explanation for all of this."

Wolfgod

KnightFall
Forger of Worlds

Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:22 pm

Looking over the wiki the Triad could be called the Triad Theocracy. The Triad seems a little short compared to all the other governments.
-Ready Player One

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:18 pm

Shawn,

I think there is at least a vague bit of art up for almost all the races. I know for sure the Triad and Shivan don't have art yet. I hate drawing cats, and don't know what the Triad look like.

I've got example ships up for a lot of the races - at least all the ones I know what to draw. If your race hasn't been illustrated either in species or in starship, post a description and such.

The art on the ships and the races - for the moment - I consider 'UNN level'. this means this is the clip art the Uhlani News Network would display while reporting a somewhat biased and innacurate story about your species. :)

Sometime I'd like to do/have done better versions in all respects, but this might do for the moment.

Artwork can be viewed by inspecting the U Zero Wiki and looking at the uploaded files.

Wolfgod

KnightFall
Forger of Worlds

Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:44 pm

Mark and I discussed some drawings for things Friday. The Cossacks are a human subtype so they look a little different. I'll also try to get a baseline going on the ships. I've greatly lamented my lack of drawing ability lately. I can picture all this stuff perfectly in my head but can't translate that to paper.
-Ready Player One

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:47 pm

Oh, I sketched the aliens of the Cossacks. Feel free to have Mark do them too and take the best models. ;)

I've avoided drawing the human-like aliens just to cut down on the workload at the beginning.

Even a rough text description of ships or picture of something you like will do fine. I just need somewhere to start from.

Wolfgod

KnightFall
Forger of Worlds

Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:08 pm

Well, Arrowhead fighters look like a rounded arrowhead with x style engines (similar to a Starfury) attached to the back. The windscreen would be about two thirds of the way along the top and it would have a three barrel gun just under the tip.

The other ships get more complicated, I'll probably have to describe them while being sketched or through the use of visual aids.
-Ready Player One

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:10 pm

OK, I was doing a 'cruiser' for each race.

Wolfgod

KnightFall
Forger of Worlds

Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:35 pm

I'll get with Mark Friday and see about getting something sketched. The good thing with Confed ships is that the rear 2/3 of all the ships are the same. It's just the nose area that changes.
-Ready Player One

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:00 pm

Awesome. I've knocked out a handful of articles on the site. Mainly just cutting and pasting from the board for the time being.

Wolfgod

bitweever
Site Admin

Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:55 pm

Wiki here.

Also, are we going to use the previous spreadsheet for anything? I'd like to change some of my answers, based on my new insight to my races.
The thermal exhaust port of your Death Star™ plays a critical role in the dissipation of excess waste heat produced by the Death Star's energy reactors. Under no circumstances is the thermal exhaust port to be covered, obstructed or modified in any way.

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:32 am

Uh, sure, might as well keep it updated.

Just repost the current version when you're done with it. ;)

Wolfgod

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:46 pm

Hey Shawn. I fiddled with the Commonwealth, see if you like the art OK. If nothing else it can hold the place until better art is produced.

Wolfgod

KnightFall
Forger of Worlds

Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:34 pm

I think those look good. I hadn't considered horns on the Saurians, I like it.

There are a few small details with the Perinians I've always envisioned. Mainly having a second opposable thumb instead of a pinky and a back talon or toe on the foot for gripping branches. I really like the wings and head in you sketch.
-Ready Player One

Wolfgod
Forger of Forgers

Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:52 pm

I like the Saurians too. ;)

If you can get Greg to do it, you might be able to photoshop those details onto the Perinians. Otherwise we'll get it in version 2.

Wolfgod